Safari Packing List
- As a precautionary measure, You are advised to pack 2-3 days’ worth of essentials in Your carry-on luggage to cover You if your bags are delayed for any reason. Of critical importance, obviously, are: Your passport, copy of Your E-visa, yellow fever certificate, Your plane ticket, credit card/ATM card.
- It is a good idea to carry some spending money, in addition to the US blue money for tipping your tour professionals. But it is difficult to recommend specific amounts, since everyone has different spending habits. Some travelers carry @$100-$200 then access Kenyan shillings from local ATM machines.
- Payments for non-included expenditures at hotels, such as liters of water, alcoholic beverages or souvenirs can be made with a US credit card—VISA is the preferred credit card in Kenya; Mastercard may be accepted, but may not be at all locations.
- For safety reasons, we suggest You bring with you money belts for safe keeping of Your cash during the safari, since You will want to keep Your money and important travel documents with You at all times.
- A small to medium sized backpack works nicely as a carry-on which will then fit any sizable valuables You want to carry with You when you are outside of Your room, i.e. Your camera, cell phone, pad/e-reader.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We understand how disappointing it is for travelers in the event they are forced to cancel such an exciting adventure, especially one that has been anticipated for a long time. But We too plan for these excursions for a long period prior to departure, and are required to continually send nonrefundable payments to secure hotels and contracts for suppliers of transportation.
Therefore, We must adhere strictly to our Cancellation & Refund Policy for all travelers – we hope You understand – and strongly urge You to purchase travel insurance (see below) in the event You need to cancel. If Your plans change and You find you must cancel Your booking, You must inform Bush King Safaris of Your decision in writing. The date of cancellation will be the date We receive written notice, whereby the following conditions and cancellation fees and policies will apply:
- For cancellation 60 days or more before commencement of Your Safari, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost of the Safari shall apply to You. Cancellation within 59 days of departure requires You to forfeit 100% of the Safari cost.
- If you cut short the Safari– thereby reducing Your length of stay -- no refund is given Bush King Safaris shall not be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in Your Safari and our obligations here under arising out of or caused, directly or indirectly, by forces beyond our control (“Force Majeure Event”), including without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, acts of God, epidemic, restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials.
- It is understood that Bush King Safaris shall use reasonable efforts to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances. In the event Bush King Safaris is unable to provide, in whole or in part, the Safari as a result of a Force Majeure Event, either You or Bush King Safaris may terminate the Safari contract upon ten days written notice. Upon termination for a Force Majeure Event, Bush King Safaris shall attempt to refund the amount paid by You, less any amounts paid or required to be paid by Bush King Safaris and any non-refundable fees and charges.